This week there is nothing new… sorry!
I did a bit of optimizing, which involved re-writing some things.
I made the rendering process a bit quicker by combining the coloring method and sprite rendering into the same method (cause there is no good reason why I made them separate to begin with)
I did a little bit of optimizing with mobs, since I removed multiple-sprite mobs a bit ago because of the amount of problems they made and I didn’t really like how they looked (not sure if I put that in a previous dev blog, but a week or two ago I removed them), I changed all the code that dealt with multiple sprites so the code makes sense when always dealing with one sprite instead of running unnecessary code.
But no new features, and that is mostly because I don’t know what to add next. Level generation was the big thing I was waiting to add, and now that that is done, I have a lot of things that are all either annoying to add or not interesting enough to hold my attention. But I will find something to get me back into this project after a short hiatus this week.Read More